The main focus for 2016-17 is to improve the use of technology to assist in the collation, analysis and improved accessibility of information to improve services.
This is being delivered through:
- Review of effectiveness of Care Act compliant web sites.
- Development of best practice guides.
- Exploration of opportunities to collaborate around technological solutions to health and care integration.
Useful links and resources:
- Mystery shopping of online information and advice services Earlier this year, ADASS in the West Midlands commissioned a piece of work to find out what authorities in the region were planning to do to meet the Care Act I&A requirement online and then, post April, to test the facilities put in place through a ‘mystery shopping’ exercise. Click on the above link to find out more.
- Good information and advice must support the Care Act Ewan King at SCIE explains why it is critical local authorities provide up to date and relevant information and advice to people requiring social care support, and what are the areas councils need to focus on to make it happen.
- Redesigning Health and Social Care: challenges and opportunities from an IT and digital perspective