Sector Led Improvement
Sector Led Improvement (SLI) activities in Adult Social Care in the West Midlands are being coordinated by the West Midlands Adult Social Care (ASC) Improvement Board which was established during 2014 to involve a wider group of partners (DH, LGA and CQC) in the oversight of improvement of ASC in the West Midlands.
The Board is chaired by Martin Reeves Chief Executive at Coventry City Council and its current projects and activities include:
Peer Challenge Programme
- Introduce a new programme of peer challenge for 2015/16 that builds on the success of the 14/15 programme, refining the process, sharing learning and increasing impact;
- Build on the self-assessment process designed and share learning and understanding through regional events.
Performance and Data
- Continue to use performance data to influence regional priorities;
- Integrate use of resources toolkit as part of the role of the performance and standards network.
- Develop further the work initiated through the Care Act preparation work in collecting, collating, analysing, sharing and developing technologies to facilitate the effective use of data;
Balanced Score Card
- Maintain focus on providing challenge and developing bespoke ‘early warning system’ to identify areas requiring attention;
- Develop the West Midlands ‘Balanced Score Card’ as our means of assessing risk, improving performance and producing local accounts.
Finance / Use of Resources Network
- Develop the financial leads to network as a resource to support the activity of the regional improvement programme
Tony Oakman is the lead DASS for Sector Led Improvement (SLI) in the West Midlands and Helen Coombes is the Peer Challenge coordinator .
For more information about WM ADASS SLI Programme please contact Pete Jackson.